Sunday, December 17, 2023

Wolfgang Hampel, author of 'Satire is my favorite animal', according to many readers worldwide one of the most humorous books of all time, told us about his RNZ living room reading. --------------------------------

Wolfgang Hampel, author of 'Satire is my favorite animal', according to many readers worldwide one of the most humorous books of all time, told us about his RNZ living room reading. -------------------------------- Copyright 2023 by Wolfgang Hampel All rights reserved ----------------------- The RNZ living room reading was a wonderful Christmas present for Wolfgang Hampel, author of 'Satire is my favorite animal' Everything went very well - the organizer is an older, very nice, rich lady who has several rental houses. A visitor whispered this to me. She also immediately handed me the 150 euros for the RNZ living room reading campaign - without checking my clean shoe soles. It was just a joke, she said, grinning at the door. There were 25 visitors there. And now comes the surprise - there were two visitors from Vita Magica who had not been there for a long time due to illness, but who had whispered to the rich lady that they had always had a great time at Vita Magica. And now it gets even better - the reading took place in the very large living room with lots of old period furniture and thick carpets. An older, very distinguished gentleman plays the piano between my breaks. I sang a few Christmas songs and my voice was highly praised. I read a lot from the book 'Satire is my favorite animal'. At first I didn't want to take any books with me because I thought no one would buy anything at that price, but Angelika persuaded me to take 15 books with me. I could have easily sold 20 books. After about 45 minutes there was a break and various salads and champagne were offered. The lady has staff. I had to rub my eyes several times because I hadn't imagined the reading to be like that, but everything went like clockwork. Afterwards I continued reading from 'Satire is my favorite animal', singing Christmas carols, performing sketches and imitating politicians and singers. I was asked again and again why the RNZ didn't say that I sing at readings and that I can imitate singers very well. That was also very well received. Zarah Leander, Alexandra, Doris Day, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, Udo Jürgens, Peter Alexander and finally Joy Fleming. Everyone was in a really good mood - and not just because of the French champagne - the lady really didn't spoil anything and was very charming. This is how you can be wrong. I didn't have a good feeling at all on the way there and at the front door I thought for a moment whether I should really ring the bell. But then a couple came to the door, smiled at me and said: You are definitely the successful writer we were invited to today. Of course there was no going back. And at the end I have to say: Thank God! It was a great reading with a very funny and good-humored audience - an absolute dream! Unforgettable. A wonderful Christmas present!