Friday, May 17, 2019

Doris Day had no contact with her grandson



Doting: Doris Day in an unseen picture with her grandson Ryan Melcher, the son of her only child Terry and his wife Terese. Ryan is now a realtor in Carmel

Doting: Doris Day in an unseen picture with her grandson Ryan Melcher, the son of her only child Terry and his wife Terese. Ryan is now a realtor in Carmel


Betty MacDonald fan club fans,

that's really a very sad story.

A Doris Day fan found a video with Doris Day and her grandson Ryan Melcher.

Doris adored her grandson very much. 

Therefore I can't understand this very sad story.

We are going to publish the video soon.



Sandra

Doris Day’s grandson says manager prevented him from seeing her


Doris Day‘s grandson has revealed he was banned from seeing her in the final days of her life by her manager.
Ryan Melcher, the son of Day’s late son Terry Melcher, said he only found out about his grandma’s death on the news and via social media.
Day died at age 97 on Monday.
Melcher said that due to his parents’ divorce, he had “not been allowed to see his grandmother for quite some time.”
However, Melcher — now a realtor in Carmel, California — wrote on Facebook: “When I was invited by Doris to dinner a few years ago after my father’s untimely death in November 2004 (melanoma), her new business manager, a former fan, intervened and asked me to meet him at the family-owned Cypress Inn here in Carmel, California.”
He added: “I was asked by this man: ‘Why do you want to see Doris?’ I was shocked not only at the question, but also that it was coming from someone who was a stranger and outsider.
“I just responded, ‘um….she is my grandmother!’
“He replied, ‘I’m afraid you aren’t going to be able to see your grandmother,’ citing the divorce between my parents as his excuse.
“Looking back, I should have said more; should have drove to her home and not let a stranger come between us, but unfortunately the tall fences and 24-hour guard under her new business manager’s direction prevented me taking a stand and reconnecting with my family. She had been so happy to talk to me and we were both excited for our upcoming dinner together just a week before, and this man was clearly manipulating the situation.”
Melcher said he would continue to remember Doris fondly thanks to his early memories of her. He would go to her home every day after school, adding: “She instilled a drive and confidence that I will carry with me the rest of my life.”
But he said: “The dinner between my grandma and I never took place. Any and all communication was cut off from that point on and I was left bewildered. I later learned that the business manager had fired all the longstanding members on my grandma’s Foundation board and appointed his direct family as the new board members. It seemed I was not the only one who had been cut out.
“I tried for some time after this to get the word out about what transpired, however ultimately decided against causing any new emotional waves for my grandmother, who by that time was late in age.
“Also, from what I had heard around the community from in-the-know people, her mind had already begun slipping so I feared my outreach would only cause more stress due to the new folks surrounding her. I could not bring myself to continue to fight an uphill battle at the expense of her wellbeing or my family’s.”
“When you’re young, you believe the adults when they say you are the problem, however no child — or adult for that matter — should be told who they can and can’t love. Especially family.
“I will forever be grateful for the time I had with both my father and my grandmother. When I was younger our family was so close and I was so fortunate to have such special people raise me. It’s taught me to live in the moment and not leave things unsaid. It’s a hard truth, however it is my truth and one I hope others can learn from.”
The Doris Day Animal Foundation confirmed that the Hollywood icon was surrounded by close friends when she passed.
A statement said she “had been in excellent physical health for her age, until recently contracting a serious case of pneumonia.”
It also stated that Day made it clear that she did not want a lot of time spent on memorializing her death.
“Doris’ wishes were that she have no funeral or memorial service and no grave marker,” the statement read in part.
Her current manager, chief financial officer of her foundation and friend, Bob Bashara, told People that she typically didn’t engage in conversations about death.
Day, an avid animal lover, reportedly didn’t like to talk about funeral arrangements. “She didn’t like death, and she couldn’t be with her animals if they had to be put down,” Bashara said. “She had difficulty accepting death.”
While Bashara wasn’t sure exactly why Day did not want to have a funeral, he speculated that it’s because she was a shy person despite being one of the most iconic figures in history.
It is unclear if Melcher was referring to Bashara in his Facebook post.


We have a very special Betty MacDonald fan club surprise for you.

Tell us your favourite satirical text of Wolfgang Hampel's book Satire ist mein Lieblingstier, please and you'll get several fascinating Betty MacDonald fan club items for free.

Wolfgang Hampel's very successful book is available in many countries around the world. ( see links below )


Don't miss this unique Betty MacDonald fan club offer, please.




Wolfgang Hampel's very witty book 'Satire ist mein Lieblingstier' ( Satire is my favourite animal ) is No 1 Buecher de TOP List.

Wolfgang Hampels sehr witziges Buch ' Satire ist mein Lieblingstier' ( Satire is my favourite animal ) ist No 1 Buecher de TOP Liste.


Many greetings - viele Grüße

Mats 

buecher.de - Schnell, Günstig, Versandkostenfrei



Ich habe dieses Buch gekauft, weil Krimi-Königin Ingrid Noll Wolfgang ... sehr, daß wir die monatliche literarische Veranstaltung Vita Magica von Wolfgang Hampel bald einmal besuchen können.


Wolfgang Hampel's Satire ist mein Lieblingstier in Buecher de TOP list 




Satire ist mein Lieblingstier - Satirische Gedichte - Wolfgang Hampel
Informationen über die Kultveranstaltung "Vita Magica" der Akademie für Ältere in Heidelberg  

Wolfgang Hampel - Satire ist mein Lieblingstier ( Satire is my favourite animal )


Betty MacDonald, a very special politician and a year ago 
 
Roger Cicero - ESC winner 2007  

Many ESC fans from all over the world are so very sad because we lost Joy Fleming - one of the best singers ever. 

Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel sings  'Try to remember' especially for Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Linde Lund at Vita Magica September

you can join 



Betty MacDonald fan club



Betty MacDonald Society  



Vita Magica  



Eurovision Song Contest Fan Club 

 

Wolfgang Hampel - Betty MacDonald fan club - and Vita Magica Founder 



on Facebook


Vita Magica Betty MacDonald event with Wolfgang Hampel, Thomas Bödigheimer and Friedrich von Hoheneichen



Vita Magica 

Betty MacDonald 

Betty MacDonald fan club 

Betty MacDonald fan club on Facebook

Betty MacDonald forum  

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) - The Egg and I 

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( Polski)   

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - LinkFang ( German ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Academic ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel -   

Wolfgang Hampel - DBpedia  ( English / German )

Wolfgang Hampel - people check ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Memim ( English )

Vashon Island - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - Monica Sone - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( French ) 


Wolfgang Hampel - Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle - Wikipedia ( English)

Wolfgang Hampel in Florida State University

Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel 

Betty MacDonald fan club interviews on CD/DVD

Betty MacDonald fan club items 

Betty MacDonald fan club items  - comments

Betty MacDonald fan club - The Stove and I  
 

Betty MacDonald fan club groups 

Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Linde Lund