Monday, September 24, 2018

Betty MacDonald, washday and the favourite day of the week

Bildergebnis für Happy Monday
Related image
 

same colour, isn't it.........................

Bildergebnis für Donald Trump and cats
Bildergebnis für Mountain Rainier with beautiful flowers in September
 

Betty MacDonald fan club fans,

do you like Mondays?

I'd say: Yes and No!

It depends on the weekend.

If it was a wonderful one and I enjoyed my family, husband and children so much it could last much longer.

But sometimes if the weather is grey and rainy and family stressed me a lot I say to myself: Welcome Monday!

And I adore my job as a teacher!

How does your Monday look like?

Can you remember Betty MacDonald wrote about Monday in the mountains in her golden egg?



Monday—Washday! 

Washing was something that the mountain farm women had contests doing to see who could get it on the line first Monday morning. All except me. I had a contest with myself to see how long I could put off doing it at all. I attacked my washing with the same sense of futility I would have had in attempting to empty the ocean with a teaspoon. Bob had been a Marine in World War I and instead of being shell-shocked he carried home a fixation that a helmetful of water was enough to wash anything, including blankets, and on Monday morning he would say cheerfully at breakfast, "Going to wash today?" and I would answer hopefully, "Yes, and it's going to be a HUGE ENORMOUS washing!" And so Bob would go whistling down through the orchard to the spring and bring back about four tablespoonfuls in the bottom of each bucket and then disappear into the woods where he remained incommunicado until lunch. A few times I left the washing until after lunch but learned that a sufficiency of water does not compensate for having to straddle clothes baskets and wash boards while cooking dinner or having to leave the warm house and hang out wet clothes in the dark. So I carried 99 per cent of my wash water and if I was able to get it hot and could scrub the clothes clean they never dried in winter, so what?
Also the water was so hard it should have been chipped out of the spring and even when mixed 40-60 with soap produced70 nothing but a greasy scum and after a day spent scrubbing clothes in that liquid mineral I could peel the skin off my hands like gloves.
I entered all of the soap contests in the vain hope that I would win $5000 and never have to use theirs or any other washing powder again as long as I lived. I failed to understand why farm wives were always talking about the sense of accomplishment they derived from doing a large washing. I would have had a lot more feeling of accomplishment lying in bed while someone else did the washing.

Bildergebnis für Happy Monday!

  
If you join us a follower of Betty MacDonald fan club blog during September you'll get a real Betty MacDonald fan club treasure.

It's very easy.

You only have to push the ' join' button on this page.

Don't miss it, please.

Send us your email-adress, please and we are going to send this very special Betty MacDonald fan club gift to you.

Good luck in anwering our Betty MacDonald fan club contest questiones.

Maybe you will be our next Betty MacDonald fan club surprise winners.

Let's visit Betty MacDonald's magical Vashon Island. 
I adore Wolfgang Hampel's very witty book ' Satire is my favourite animal '. 
I can't wait to read his brilliant Betty MacDonald biography. 
I hope Betty MacDonald fan club fans from all over the world will convince Wolfgang to publish such a book very soon. 

Yours,

Carin 


Satire ist mein Lieblingstier - Satirische Gedichte - Wolfgang Hampel


Wolfgang Hampel - Satire ist mein Lieblingstier ( Satire is my favourite animal ) 

Informationen über die Kultveranstaltung "Vita Magica" der Akademie für Ältere in Heidelberg 



Betty MacDonald, a very special politician and a year ago 
 
Roger Cicero - ESC winner 2007  

Many ESC fans from all over the world are so very sad because we lost Joy Fleming - one of the best singers ever. 

Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel sings  'Try to remember' especially for Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Linde Lund at Vita Magica September

you can join 



Betty MacDonald fan club



Betty MacDonald Society  



Vita Magica  



Eurovision Song Contest Fan Club 



on Facebook


Vita Magica Betty MacDonald event with Wolfgang Hampel, Thomas Bödigheimer and Friedrich von Hoheneichen



Vita Magica 


Betty MacDonald 

Betty MacDonald fan club 


Betty MacDonald fan club on Facebook


Betty MacDonald forum  

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) - The Egg and I 


Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( Polski)   

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - LinkFang ( German ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Academic ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel -   

Wolfgang Hampel - DBpedia  ( English / German )

Wolfgang Hampel - people check ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Memim ( English )

Vashon Island - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - Monica Sone - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( French ) 


Wolfgang Hampel - Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle - Wikipedia ( English)


Wolfgang Hampel in Florida State University 

Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel 

Betty MacDonald fan club interviews on CD/DVD

Betty MacDonald fan club items 

Betty MacDonald fan club items  - comments

Betty MacDonald fan club - The Stove and I  
 

Betty MacDonald fan club groups 

Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Linde Lund