Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Betty MacDonald and glasses


#me #boy #instaboy #















Betty MacDonald fan club fans,

new info on Betty MacDonald and cool glasses!

we have a new Betty MacDonald fan club contest.

Do you wear glasses? 

It isn't a problem at all in our time because we have very stylish glasses but it was a huge problem 70 years ago.

What was the reason why?

Because the glasses looked rather ugly.

Tell us please two members of the Bard family who were shortsighted.

Good luck. 

You can win very interesting new Betty MacDonald fan club items.

Deadline:  June 30, 2017

Good luck!

Have a nice Tuesday,

Simon




I now have superpowers

| Author: | Filed under: Politics | Tags: , , , |Comments Off on I now have superpowers
 

Correction, I have glasses. I never realised I needed glasses until this Monday, and now I have spent a week occasionally wearing my glasses. Here is a picture Hélène took of me whilst I was wearing my glasses:
photo (5)
Looking back, it kind of makes sense – not being able to see the whiteboard unless I were at the front of the lecture hall, wondering why signs were so small, and if I were missing something when standing at a high point. Of course, I was born like this, so my eyesight was normal, and it was never bad enough to stop me from doing anything I tried. I had tried on other people’s glasses, but it never made things clearer so I just assumed that it wasn’t for me. So I went through my whole life being shortsighted, and with nothing to help me see better.
However, I’m not bitter about it. I adjusted to my short sightedness, and now that I can see better, it feels like a bonus. I have better hand-eye coordination, have no difficulty reading things from a distance, and most importantly I can really see.
I remember walking out of the opticians, seeing bricks not buildings, and it was a bit overwhelming. Trees became leaves, and the amount of detail felt life-altering. I’m sure this is something a lot of people go through, I just wanted to get my own thoughts down before I lose this high.


you can join 

Betty MacDonald fan club

Betty MacDonald Society  

Vita Magica  

Eurovision Song Contest Fan Club 

on Facebook



Vita Magica Betty MacDonald event with Wolfgang Hampel, Thomas Bödigheimer and Friedrich von Hoheneichen

Vita Magica 

Betty MacDonald 

Betty MacDonald fan club 

Betty MacDonald fan club on Facebook

Betty MacDonald forum  

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( English ) - The Egg and I 

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( Polski)   

Wolfgang Hampel - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - LinkFang ( German ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Academic ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel -   

Wolfgang Hampel - DBpedia  ( English / German )

Wolfgang Hampel - people check ( English ) 

Wolfgang Hampel - Memim ( English )

Vashon Island - Wikipedia ( German )

Wolfgang Hampel - Monica Sone - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( English )

Wolfgang Hampel - Ma and Pa Kettle - Wikipedia ( French ) 


Wolfgang Hampel - Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle - Wikipedia ( English)

Wolfgang Hampel in Florida State University 

Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel 

Betty MacDonald fan club interviews on CD/DVD

Betty MacDonald fan club items 

Betty MacDonald fan club items  - comments

Betty MacDonald fan club - The Stove and I  

Betty MacDonald fan club groups 


Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Linde Lund  


Betty MacDonald fan club organizer Greta Larson